Wolverhampton Wanderers sit top of our Season Ticker over the next six Gameweeks when clubs are sorted by ease of fixture.
Nuno Espirito Santo’s side have to negotiate a tricky test against high-flying West Ham United immediately after the international break but five successive matches against teams in the bottom half of the Premier League then follow.
For Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers who place fixture difficulty high up the priority list when considering a player, then there is arguably no better run of matches from Gameweeks 31-35.
So for the FPL bosses on a Gameweek 30/31 Wildcard or those simply looking at players to bring in with their free transfers, we’ll take a look at the Wolves assets to consider.
Above: Wolves’ last ten Premier League matches (source: Wikipedia)
After a fairly dismal run through December and January, when they won only one of their 11 Premier League matches, Wolves’ form has picked up over the last two months.
Their only two defeats in February and March have come at the hands of Manchester City and Liverpool.
In their other six matches from Gameweek 22 onwards, Santo’s troops have kept three clean sheets and conceded on just three occasions.
Goalscoring remains an ongoing issue: seven goals in their last 10 top-flight matches is this shot-shy season in microcosm.
Motivation for the run-in is the great unknown, given that Wolves are comfortably mid-table. Take last season, after lockdown: for every ‘on the beach’ side like Crystal Palace, there is a Southampton team who are seemingly liberated by the lack of pressure.
GAMEWEEK 20 ONWARDS: DEFENSIVE IMPROVEMENTS
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships and monthly subscriptions are now available.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.