Football Index

Why fixture difficulty can be important in Football Index

The new season is already underway, as is my debut campaign betting on Football Index (FI).

As mentioned previously, I’m going to be dipping my toe into the potentially lucrative FI waters all year, hoping to build a modest budget into something a little showier.

We ran over the basic rules of the game in that first article, so today I’m going to start looking a bit deeper into how I might be successful betting on the football stockmarket.

One other thing of note is Premier League bias. We will mostly be looking at Premier League players this season so we can tie FI coverage into our FPL content.

However, FI runs across five major European leagues – England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France – as well as the two UEFA club competitions, so we’ll be removing our Little Englander blinkers from time to time, and especially when there’s a player or Euro event that just can’t be ignored.

And so onwards to…

Will Cheap = Cheerful?

At the most basic level, betting and trading in shares requires you to buy low and sell high.

With that in mind, a good place to start looking for FI bargain bets is among the unknowns, either in terms of their overall (lack of) celebrity among football fans or as a first-time Premier League performer.

In other words, who will be this season’s Teemu Pukki?

Well, first up it’s wise to remember that a breakthrough striker from the Championship is not an every-season phenomenon. Don’t try to force players into pre-conceived narratives. Instead, discover the narrative that fits a player.

Last season, in FPL, that included both Pukki’s early goals and the out-of-position delights of John Lundstram.

This term, my eyes are being drawn to Leeds United.

Manager Marcelo Bielsa is not nicknamed ‘El Loco’ because of his singular devotion to steam trains, so it’s highly unlikely the Whites are going to be shunted into the sidings of dull irrelevance, to mix a metaphor or two.

There’s a feeling of all or nothing about him and his team. They could crash and burn, or they could win hearts, minds and a fine haul of points with a heady mix of high pressing at home and counter-attacks on the road.

Record signing Rodrigo Moreno has already caught my eye – mainly because he’s currently available for about one quid a share. For context, the most expensive player in FI at present is a certain Borussia Dortmund youngster available for well over £14.

Should Moreno quickly find his feet in a Leeds team with, it must be said, a tricky opening set of games, then the striker’s value is not going to stay so wonderfully low.

‘Should’ is doing all the heavy lifting in the previous sentence, mind, so we shall see.

The Fixtures ‘N’ Form Boys

If Leeds’ early schedule is not the easiest, there’s always another team with a brighter immediate outlook.

That leads me on to an FI tactic probably the closest to standard FPL practice – pinpoint a player with a great schedule and tap into it, and them.

With FI, the upsides of this are many.

As well as getting in-play dividends (see below) early doors, they’re in with a chance of the usual match day and team of the month bonuses.

And, if they’re doing the business consistently, they’re also likely to feature heavily in the press, which opens up opportunities to win media dividends on a daily basis.

Success should also breed success, with more fellow managers buying into your prescient pick and bumping up his overall value.

Chelsea have one of the kindest opening set of fixtures, with ‘opening’ here meaning ‘all the way through to Christmas’. Of the biggest teams in the league, Frank Lampard’s men will face only Liverpool (at home) and Man United (away) across their first 14 matches, running into the dim and distant future that is December 19.

Tapping into the wealth of Chelsea’s attacking options seems wise, therefore, with their most expensive FI asset, a certain new striker from the Bundesliga, setting you back close to £6 a share.

Their other major summer transfer business involved Hakim Ziyech, who looked good in the pre-season game at Brighton before succumbing to a knee injury. That has knocked quite a bit of value off him, so he could be worth a look at the mid-£3 mark if he recovers sooner rather than later.

Another team with a great initial schedule is Manchester United.

As you might expect, there’s a lot of money tied up in their key assets, but at around £3 a share, a certain French striker looks well-priced.

If he can continue last season’s fine form – he was United’s leading scorer in FPL with 200 points – then he looks under-valued, particularly with Champions League football to further sweeten the deal.

In-play dividends

This is the closest FI comes to an FPL-style short-term bet.

Some managers might buy a player in for a specific Gameweek. That’s some managers. It’s rare and, presumably, not overly successful, but many of us have eyed up an asset with a good run of, say, four fixtures before things turn nastier further down the line.

FI pays out in-play dividends to all players you bet for the 30 days following that purchase.

It is, potentially, a canny way to win in the short term. How long you keep these players after that initial burst of potential profit is, as ever, the key to longer-term success.

Again, Man United’s early run looks so tempting – Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal should be their toughest tests in the first 11 matches, and all three of those are at Old Trafford.

Tapping into that schedule across the first 30 days of a bet could be lucrative if you buy a United player at the right time (and price, obviously).

Make a bet, for example, just before the early October home game with Spurs, and you’ll have opportunities to win in-play dividends from both domestic and Champions League football.

GET STARTED WITH FOOTBALL INDEX HERE

But don’t forget, this is gambling with real money, so always gamble responsibly: https://www.begambleaware.org/. 18+.

FPL Lessons Learned from Gameweek 1

Check your latest FPL rank LIVE on LiveFPL.net every Gameweek

Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £17.50. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99.

1. Gameweek 1 Rough with the Smooth
    Geoff

How was your GW1?

Were any of your players benched? Did you get any injuries? How did your bench perform? Did your captain return?

Tell us your tales of joy and woe from Gameweek 1, here:

1. shirtless
      6 days, 1 hour ago

Rough; Nuno tucking me up with Vinagre. Worst thing was Saïss was my no1 replacement but decided to keep maximum spare funds in the bank. Loads of 1 & 2 pointers but expected that with Bruno and Taylor benched I had to wheel out the dross.

Smooth; Salah(c) what a great start to the season especially as I didn’t own Sterling for his last year. Auba, Werner, KWP getting away with that red was a bonus and Mitchell subbing in for Vinagre for 68 points. Solid start.

2. Little Red Lacazette
      6 days, 1 hour ago

Went ok. 71 points with Mitchell coming off the bench. Werner on watch list.

3. Inazuma X1
      6 days, 1 hour ago

Only captain returned. Rest all blanked. 28 points. Awful start.

Took several risks with Vinagre, Pulisic and Martinez with Foden and Martial on the bench.

Only good thing now is I have 2 Mancs for GW2 with 1FT banked.

1. Long ago I drew a walrus

Wahey, I thought my 34 was the lowest of the lot 😀

4. LAMELA_AND_CONSUELA
      6 days, 1 hour ago

Best start ever:) Smooth Salah (C), Saiss, Zaha, Wilson and Aubemayang with points. 92 total.
      Rough: Justin and Mitchell on the bench.

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

Nice score, congrats

1. LAMELA_AND_CONSUELA

Thank you.

2. dbeck
        6 days, 1 hour ago

excellent week, well done, really like the zaha pick

1. LAMELA_AND_CONSUELA
          6 days, 1 hour ago

5. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…
      6 days, 1 hour ago

79 points for me, very nice start.

Smooth: salah captain and romain saiss.

Rough: Alli and Havertz were a bit rubbish. Also benched justin cause I'm dumb.

6. dbeck
      6 days, 1 hour ago

76 points with Saiss really propelling me with a 15 pointer. I nearly fell into the vinagre trap. Saka not starting meant i jammed the mitchell 6 points from my bench. Pleased I have dallas and martial to come in off my bench for next gw2 to start and feel i made the right call with DCL as a season holder

Issues are obviously saka and Pereira from WBA, have an eye on foden along with the wolves wingers (Podence and Neto) to come in, will give them both one week and bank my transfer

7. Major League Shocker
      6 days, 1 hour ago

Smooth: Jimenez and Saiss goals in the first 10 minutes of Sheff Utd-Wolves. Love Wolves!

1. dbeck
        6 days, 1 hour ago

thoughts on Podence and Neto, any worth it?

8. waltzingmatildas

Woe
      Mane (C) - had good reasons, but it hurt!
      Double Saints fwds blanking
      45pts total
      No Man U/Man C benched

Joy
      Reece James points
      Mitchell autosub for Pulisic
      Bissouma and Mitchell starting

9. farmerfat

Smooth - Salah Captain, Wilson Goal, James return 84 points

Rough - Removed Vardy, Saiss and James before deadline to fit Havertz in

1. farmerfat

Justin return*

10. Donblaster
      6 days, 1 hour ago

Smooth: 80pts, very happy. mainly Salah (c) + Auba, Justin and Lascelles off the bench.

Rough: looking at potential early price drops from no shows (eg Saliba) and underperformers (eg Son). Bit unlucky not to get a return from H.Barnes

11. TiAgoFPL

Rough: double saints attack , Alli , TAA 1pt
      Smooth: Mo Salah (c) Mitchell auto sub for vinagre

12. Vobinho - Holly's Hams…
      6 days, 1 hour ago

94 points, amazing start.

Rough - Mitchell & Klich meaning 15 points on the bench
      Smooth - Salah (c), Auba, Digne, Tierney, Justin, Auba, Werner & Wilson all returned points.

13. Vikram Solanki
      6 days, 1 hour ago

joy: held firm with Saiss despite naysayers here

woe: had Wilson and Podence 5 mins before deadline but changed for Adams and ASM

14. dicky2014
      6 days, 1 hour ago

Rough - My punt on Havertz going wrong, he looked totally lost. Vinagre not being a starter so a transfer coming.

Smooth - Salah captain, Mitchell off bench, Justin.

78 points, solid start.

15. The Rumour Mill

Smooth: Auba Cap, Salah, Werner, Wilson, Robertson
      Hold/Low priority: McCarthy, KWP, TAA, Ayling, Burke, Bissouma
      Rough/High priority issues: Vinagre, Havertz, Mitrovic

I think Mitrovic might turn out ok if he was just fatigued or slightly injured. Vinagre and Havertz are a big concern though. Havertz I thought was awful from watching the match, and this was backed up by the stats and his heatmap. Might need to get rid until he plays his way into some form and/or Pulisic and Ziyech become available instead.

16. Joey Tribbiani
        6 days, 1 hour ago

My best start to a season ever, 82 points. Thanks to Mark and Az for their Salah vs Auba stats, because that made me choose Salah as a captain. Holding off the bench for Vinagre. Can't complain.

1. Az
          5 days, 18 hours ago

woo!

• wulfranian
        6 days, 1 hour ago

Rough.38 points.No Salah.I have Rudiger and Vinagre with Douglas(4.0) and Targett as my subs.McCarthy is my gk.I believed in Spurs so i tripled up with Kane,Son,Moura.Ings also blanked.Soy,Werner and Auba(c) the only good things.

• Long ago I drew a walrus
        6 days, 1 hour ago

I don't think I've ever had such a bad week - 34 points and I wasn't even trying to be maverick. Literally the only 'big' decision I made was to go without Salah. The rest of my team is actually quite template. And yet here I am with blanks from McCarthy, TAA, KWP, Vinagre (Ayling off the bench), Son, Havertz, ASM, Soucek and Adams. Auba (c) and Werner the only returns from the entire squad.

• The_Lennonator
        6 days, 1 hour ago

Smooth: having Salah! Yay!
        Rough: not captaining him! Boo!
        Finished on 70, could have been 83 with right captain choice

• Stats Don\'t Lie
        6 days, 1 hour ago

I don't like to brag, but with a week like this I'm going to. My gw1 went smoother than Rob Holding's impression of Ronaldinho. It also showed how me how important learning from your mistakes in this game is.

The entirety of pre-season I had been a firm advocate of going Salah-less, that is until Friday night. I thought back to what had let me down at the start of last season. I had started without Sterling who got a hattrick against West Ham and was a popular captain and I basically ended up WCing in gw3 to fit him in (after which he completely fell off a cliff). Suddenly having no Salah gave me a bad sense of deja-vu, so I made the switch to get him in. My reluctance towards early KO captains also meant I gave Salah the armband. Not only that but to fund Mo I had to make a downgrade in defence. I had been very keen to go big at the back and wanted to stay relatively true to this but to have Salah, Auba and Werner I couldn't go as big as I initially wanted. Luckily Ancelotti came in clutch and his press conference suggesting a likely start for Doucoure and Allan, enabled me to confidently downgrade Robertson to Digne and trust in an improved defensive performance from Everton. My favourite from last Season - The Saiss-mometer - also delivered on his promising attacking stats.

All in all a stellar 103 pts!!!! and just my second ever sgw 100+ in 10 seasons. They're feeling like London buses right now, with the first coming thanks to Sterling and Antonio post lockdown. I feel like my season has peaked now, or maybe its a sign of things to come?

1. Nanoelektronicar
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Nice one, really regretting not having Digne.

2. RedLightning - Top 10k Any …
          5 days, 19 hours ago

Are you the leader of my Opening Day League?
          He is also in his 10th season and scored 103 points, with Salah captain and his other biggest scorers being Saiss, Digne, Justin, Wilson, Aubameyang and Werner.

• Apollo Sanchez
        5 days, 23 hours ago

Smooth: transferred KWP to Justin about 30 minutes before the deadline

Rough: Suppressed the urge to captain Salah because the majority would have it on Auba too

• seanmcging
        5 days, 23 hours ago

Rough: Only 8 players this GW, with Pulisic, Saka & Vinagre not playing, plus 3 non players on the bench, so pretty bad start. At least I had Salah, but did not captain, that would have softened the blow a little..

• Matjes_taet
        5 days, 23 hours ago

Smooth: Decent start with 77 points. (Salah Cpt.)

Rough: Digne & Lascelles on my bench.

• Bullet Eder
        5 days, 22 hours ago

Rough: Switched Saiss, KWP and Lamptey to Vinagre, Egan and Taylor on Friday.

Smooth: Salah captain, nothing else

• AllGonePozzo
        5 days, 22 hours ago

Rough: Ryan, TAA and Walker-Peters 1 pointers (arguably smooth given red card overturned) 3 others blanked.
        Smooth: Salah captain, Saiss, Jiminez, Auba, 84 points and 175k rank

• Basil1977
        5 days, 22 hours ago

38 points Auba captain and Lampaty off the bench only highlights, 3 non playing players Pulic, Jota, Saka.
        Decided to play the wildcard sticking with my triple Liverpool defence thou.

• Bury94
        5 days, 21 hours ago

Smooth - Salah captain

Rough - basically everything else, Auba goal and Werner assist the only other points I got. 40 of my 67 points came from Salah, so the other 10 players averaged 2.7 points a player!

• TomSaints
        5 days, 20 hours ago

Solid meh. 59 points and fairly happy with all my picks bar being a stubborn idiot and picking mane over salah.

I knew it was a bad idea but just wanted to be different haha

• RedLightning - Top 10k Any …
        5 days, 19 hours ago

Smooth: Mat K-Rul triple captained Mo Salah for a score of 134.
        He is 7th in the world and the early early leader in our Fantasy Football Scout mini-league.

• lugs
        5 days, 18 hours ago

rough, no Salah and only 40 pts

Smooth, despite the bad start i actually quite like my team, the potential is there it just didn't happen for me this week

team for next week

McCarthy
        TAA, Tierney, Targett
        Auba, Havertz, Rodriguez, Foden
        Kane , Werner, Adams

Steer, Bissouma, Davies, Buur

• Trophé Mourinho
        5 days, 18 hours ago

Smooth, my 3 Arsenal all returned and Willian was awesome.
        Rough, my 3 Spurs all flopped, Mitrovic didnt start, my bench boost was wasted and I dont have Salah.

• Easy Cheesy
        5 days, 18 hours ago

58 without salah.
        Rough: not having salah, and regrets over not trusting wolves
        Smooth: got better after salah haul

17. CelticBhoy1
      6 days, 1 hour ago

Hoe nailed is Reece James?

Thinking of getting him now as he could be one for the season alongside TAA

1. CelticBhoy1

*How

2. Miguel Sanchez
        6 days, 1 hour ago

He isn't nailed but should start most of the easier games which is what you want him for really

3. Ask Yourself

Nailedn’t

4. Siva Mohan

Frank loves James .. could be rotated with Azpi for odd games

5. lilmessipran
        6 days, 1 hour ago

I have him, even with his performance yesterday, not quite sure how they will setup once Chillwel is back and Azpi in the mix

18. PogBruno
      6 days, 1 hour ago

Is Salah set for price increase before the deadline?

1. Miguel Sanchez

2. lilmessipran

Aye

3. Roy Rovers
        6 days, 1 hour ago

He’s at 79.5% at the moment so good chance.

19. Karan14

McCarthy
      TAA Ayling Justin
      Salah Auba Pulisic Soucek
      Werner Ings Adams

(4.0 Taylor Bissouma Vinagre)
      0.0m

A) Ings & Vinagre ➡️ Martial & 4.0m
      B) Ings & Pulisic ➡️ Martial & Rodriguez
      C) Anything else?

1. Boberella
        6 days, 1 hour ago

B for me from those options.

1. Karan14
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Anything else you would consider?

2. K_UN_DE_BRU_YNE
        6 days, 1 hour ago

-4 for only martial seems a bit nasty? B seems sthg great.
        Ings + pulisic > DCL + bruno?
        Oh you dont have extra 0.5 !"!

1. Karan14
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Not sure I definitely prefer DCL & Bruno over Martial & Rodriguez.

I guess I just have to leave Vinagre in the bench now.

1. K_UN_DE_BRU_YNE
            6 days, 1 hour ago

Me too unlucky mate! Trying to make set n forget base for the defenders until wildcard but ends upon vinagre over saiss i had in another draft due to bruno quarantine rumours,now there is waste of transfer + value loss + point loss in vinagre, sthg disgusting.

20. lilmessipran

Ramsdale 4.0
      Taa Robbo James Kwp Ferguson
      Salah Auba Son Asm Bissouma
      Werner Adams Davis

Planned transfers after gw2 with 2 FTs if no injuries/doubts, which sounds better

1 Auba + Asm to Raz/KDB + Podence
      2 Taa + Auba + Asm to Saiss/Macaral+ Raz + Pulisic (if fit) for -4 hit.. (Getting rid of Taa could backfire but will still have Robbo to kinda cover for him and downgrade to Wolves defence will allow the Asm upgrade)
      3 Any other moves?

21. shirtless
      6 days, 1 hour ago

I'm struggling to hold off Werner>Martial. Gives me a solid 1.5m ITB, two Utd and Auba/Salah. Next week deal with Adams, Mitro or Vineger with the money.

I love the fact that Bruno and Martial are the cheapest premium picks in their respective positions. Plus you would expect Martial to return more than Werner this week and it possibly might make 0.2m in movement.

1. Pukki Blinders
        6 days, 1 hour ago

I don’t like the sacrifice of Werner for Martial. Want to find a way to get both in

2. Invincibles
        6 days, 1 hour ago

Go for it. I'd want some chelsea cover though

3. Kay317
        6 days, 1 hour ago

I'm contemplating the same thing. See below. Feel like martial is a good move and I want utd cover but ideally I want to see more from Werner first.

4. shirtless
        6 days, 1 hour ago

I hear you. Always a transfer waiting to happen unless he hauled. Triggerlips called it. I don't trust a word these managers say anymore after Nuno last week. No point selling Vineger as I can park him third sub will just have to take the drop on the chin and maybe get Saiss at 5.1m next week. Not losing 0.1 on Werner though only to have him benched at the weekend. I've got Mitro likely dropping too! If there's any doubt I can't see him being risked with the amount of players they have.

22. Invincibles
      6 days, 1 hour ago

Took a -4. Looking all good?

McCarthy
      TAA James Justin
      Bruno Salah Auba ASM
      Werner Wilson Mitro

Sub: Nyland Mitchell Bissouma 4.0

1. lilmessipran
        6 days, 1 hour ago

Is that James Justin or James Justin?

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

I think its James Justin

2. Invincibles

Clue: I'm fielding 11 players

23. Bobby Digital
      6 days, 1 hour ago

How bad was the Werner injury? Thinking about switching to Martial.

1. Zim0

Dead leg

2. Miguel Sanchez
        6 days, 1 hour ago

He will be fine for Liverpool game

3. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

He'll he fine

4. Bobby Digital

Ok cheers

24. Chilli Heatwave

Grealish new 5 year deal agreed 🙂

1. lilmessipran
        6 days, 1 hour ago

Still won't be enough to keep them up

1. Chilli Heatwave
          6 days, 1 hour ago

As a villa fan, I couldn’t find a way to disagree more.

2. Zim0
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Naa i think they're good. Fulham, west brom, west ham to go down for me. Maybe Sheffield

1. Chilli Heatwave
            6 days, 1 hour ago

Think West Ham could be in trouble, club looks in a dire state

2. Chilli Heatwave

Agree Fulham and West Brom and one other

3. Invincibles
            6 days, 1 hour ago

Agree, think Fulham will certainly go, all the omens are there for WHU too. A lot of poor teams down the bottom - WBA, Villa, Brighton all unimpressive, but Sheff Utd? surely not.

1. Zim0
              6 days, 1 hour ago

Brighton looked decent against chelsea and villa improved a lot last few matches of last season and have signed a good striker. Sheffields form started to drop last few matches of last season and without henderson (and with ramsdale) i don't see them having the same amount of clean sheets as last tim3

1. Zim0
                6 days, 1 hour ago

Oh it sent without me finishing. Sheffield also have no one who can score consistently for them so i think they're in trouble

2. Zim0
        6 days, 1 hour ago

Well no one was gonna buy him at that price. What else was he supposed to do 😛

1. Chilli Heatwave
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Could have forced a move if he fancied it, but never likely to do that to your boyhood club. Fair comment

1. Zim0
            6 days, 1 hour ago

Yeah. Good move from villa. And new signing of watkins and martinez(is it done yet?) should help a lot.

25. Kay317

Need a bit of advice...
      McCarthy
      TAA, Justin, Doherty
      Salah, Auba, ASM, Ali
      Werner, Adams, Wilson
      (Button, Walker Peters, Mitchell, Bissouma)

Should I do:
      A) Werner to Martial
      B) Ali to Greenwood
      C) Doherty and Ali to Rashford and Shaw (-4)
      D) Ali and Werner to Rashford and Martial (-4)

Other option is to hold and bring in KDB and Fernandes along with a 5mil defender for Doherty for a -4 next week.
      Any advice would be appreciated.

1. SerieD
        6 days, 1 hour ago

Alli out. That ia most important.

1. Kay317
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Trouble is, of all those options, Greenwood is the least attractive to me.

2. shirtless
        6 days, 1 hour ago

You can cover Utd with Martial and Chelsea with an Alli replacement. Not sure I'd take a -4 GW2 though.

26. HMC
      6 days, 1 hour ago

Some talk of Brewster being allowed to go to Sheffield United on loan. See if it pans out. On paper looks a pretty poor place for his development and fantasy as they don’t score too many goals.

1. Zim0

He'll score the goals

27. Cheeto__Bandito

Son to Rashy for a hit?

1. Pukki Blinders

Probably not for a hit

• ⱼₐᵣᵥᵢₛₕ
        6 days, 1 hour ago

Will be interesting with the lack of pre season how many PL teams put out strong line ups in the League Cup this midweek..... Spurs in Europe too.... May be worth holding those transfers!

1. Cheeto__Bandito

theyll all play reserves

2. JenkoJunko
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Morning all! Any Arsenal fans (or anyone else) on here have any idea what the deal is with Nketiah? I thought Arteta favoured him? I have him and don't know what to do with him? Ta very much!

1. CHRISFF
            6 days, 1 hour ago

He is not a nailed starter so I would get rid now as your not going to be sure about his minutes and is unlikely to start the next match.

1. JenkoJunko
              6 days, 1 hour ago

Thanks... I was leaning towards that! I just always like rolling the first transfer of the season. But i think you're right, think he'll be a headache

3. Maddamotha
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Wanted to save a FT, but don't feel good about my team tbh.
          Ings against Davies, Son against KWP, Werner against TAA.

Save or make a move?

Ramsdale
          TAA, Davies, Justin, KWP
          Son, Auba, Salah, ASM
          Ings, Werner

Steer, Mitchell, Bissouma, Vassilev

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

1. Maddamotha
              6 days, 51 mins ago

Cheers homey

4. Magic Zico
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Plan was Salah > Bruno, but with Salah eagerness and Alli tumble, which one would you prefer?
          A. Save FT
          B. Alli > Rodríguez
          C. JWP > Doucoure
          D. Salah > Bruno as planned

McCarthy (Steer)
          TAA Egan Davies (Taylor Mitchell)
          Alli Salah Auba JWP (Bissouma)
          Werner DCL Wilson

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

5. unitednations
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Couple of decisions to make...have penned my thoughts but like your take

A) Is Son >> Bruno worth it?
          - Son (sou, NEW, mun, WHU, bur, BHA, wba). Very good fix till gw9
          - Potentially captain option in gw3 when looking at other team fixtures
          - spurs didnt look great but he looked decent, on corners so g+a potential
          - However, will likely drop in price by saturday). BUT, if he hauls in gw2, great gw3 fixture so ppl will want to bring him in. if he flops in gw2, price will continue to drop further but one would be inclined to keep him for gw3....

B) Is Salah + Adams >> Bruno + Martial (-4) worth it instead?
          - Salah has okkish fixtures. def won't captain him in gw2,3,5
          - the move takes out 1 big hitter and brings in 2 hitters which is the main attraction
          - Salah however looked phenomenal. onwership is sitting around 35%
          - Adams looked average, is not the main man in the team, might not even start gw2
          - If i take out Salah, i will bring him back in gw6 to the two home games.

C) Is Son + Adams >> Rashford + DCL (-4) worth it instead?
          - Similar to A with the added benefit of getting DCL over Adams which is a big upgrade given Everton fixtures, how they played, more nailed on, price increase...
          - The question is whether Rashford is a big drop from Bruno? Bruno's ownership will be scary by the weekend
          - Comes back to the question whether it's ok taking out Son given the factors mentioned in A.

1. Karan14

I like A

2. Skloppy Kops
            6 days, 1 hour ago

I'd go with A if you can fund the transfer without hits. But read somewhere that Bruno might be on quarantine threat, so its a wait and see.
            I like C also, as I can see Everton scoring some goals in their coming fixtures and DCL will surely be in the points.

3. Wardinator

None of them, keep Son For at least 2 more games then decide

6. nelluckram

A) Son & Martial
          B) Rashford & Ings

1. Karan14

2. Pukki Blinders
            6 days, 1 hour ago

Martial and Rash will score similarly, but see Ings scoring much more than Son especially if Son stays out wide

1. nelluckram
              6 days, 1 hour ago

Yeah I'm leaning towards B...

3. Tonyawesome69
            6 days, 1 hour ago

4. Vimes (No Arsenal Players)

7. Pukki Blinders
          6 days, 1 hour ago

5-3 goal fest during the restart when Liverpool faced Chelsea... do we think we see another one ?

1. CHRISFF

No i see a fiery game which liverpool win 1 nil

2. Tonyawesome69

I expect a goal fest

3. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…
            6 days, 1 hour ago

Won't be 5-3 again. I think 3-1 to liverpool. Chelsea still can't defend, kepa is useless and liverpool will probably give up 1 or 2 maybe on the break.

4. Karan14

Nope.
            It was a must win game for Chelsea and Liverpool were getting the PL trophy.
            Excepting this one to be much more tactical and tight.

5. Skloppy Kops
            6 days, 1 hour ago

Can see goals both sides too.. 3-2 for LIV is my guess.

1. Amey

This

8. wolves_simmo
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Is this worth a -4 for Rashford?

Out: Ryan & Havertz
          In: 4.0GK & Rashford

McCarthy
          Justin - TAA - Lascelles - KWP
          *Havertz* - Salah - Auba
          Werner - Wilson - Mitro

Bench: *Ryan* - James - Podence - Bissouma

1. Tonyawesome69

2. Pukki Blinders

If you planned on a GK rotation then stick with it, don’t bail after 1 week

1. wolves_simmo
              6 days, 1 hour ago

I really want some United attacking coverage, the plan was for Greenwood but too much doubt over him.

9. Tonyawesome69
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Need some opinions on this.

Havertz out
          A. Hamez
          B. Rashford
          C. - 4 downgrade TAA to Digne or Werner to DCL and bring in Bruno
          D. hold ft

1.0itb
          McCarthy
          TAA Robbo Justin Ayling
          Auba Salah ASM Havertz*
          Werner Adams
          (Peacock Taylor Bissouma Vassilev)

10. Nunoooooooooo

WC active! A or B guys?

A) TAA - Justin - Saiss - C Taylor
          B) Robertson - Digne - Justin - Saiss

A) With Bruno (Salah - KDB - Podence - Bissouma the rest)
          B) With Rashford

B) McCarthy - fodder
          TAA - Justin - Saiss - C Taylor - Mitchell
          Salah - KDB - *Bruno* - Podence - Bissouma
          Martial - *Jiminez* - Brewster

1. Nunoooooooooo
            6 days, 1 hour ago

Ignore team at bottom, meant to delete that from the draft!

2. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…
            6 days, 1 hour ago

Wow that didn't take long

1. Nunoooooooooo

Had a shocker and got at least 4 fires to put out so not a lot of choice! 🙁

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…
                6 days, 1 hour ago

Good luck, I wouldn't know who to out in a wildcard team yet

3. Amey

B with Taylor

11. alanduffin

How was your GW1? - 80 points

Were any of your players benched? - Saka

Did you get any injuries? - Werner
          How did your bench perform? - Mitchell (6) in for Saka

Did your captain return? - Salah (40)

Tell us your tales of joy and woe from Gameweek 1, here:

Robertson looked good, Justin 9 points, TAA and KWP the other defenders.

Salah, Auba, JWP and ASM. Need returns from JWP and ASM.

Werner the lone striker.

Other bench players Martial and Vassilev.

Selling Saka and Werner this week for Bruno & Wickham and will play 4-4-5-1 or 5-4-1 till the international break then re-assess.

Incidentally my first ever comment on FFScout.

Cheers

Alan

12. farmerfat
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Any Sheffield United fans around here?

Wondering if Burke will get a start anytime soon after the lacklustre display last night?

1. Wılly

Impact sub at the most

1. CHRISFF
              6 days, 1 hour ago

They look likely to get Brewster and he will start for them

13. Wılly

Pulisic to Rodriguez?

Only Mitchell and Bissouma to cover if he doesn't play and looking unlikely right now

1. Toblerone52 - Hung like a H…

Good shout

14. Atimis
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Do only Ings to Martial or worth going for Bruno - Son Ings and Bruno DCL ?
          DCL looking good considering the Everton's fixtures.

15. Pukki Blinders
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Havertz + Antonio -> 7.0 mid and Martial?

If so which of Madds, Barnes, Grealish, Foden is best?

1. Miguel Sanchez

Barnes or Grealish

16. JollyGoodYellows
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Is it worth saving the FT here or getting rid of Alli?

Mccarthy (Button)
          TAA Davies Justin Holding (Mitchell)
          Salah Alli Auba (Soucek Bissouma)
          Mitro Werner Ings

1. CHRISFF

Get rid

17. Big Hippo
          6 days, 1 hour ago

Can the RMT gurus please have another look at James Rodriguez? Projected points look too low to me. Thanks!

1. Pompel

Shhh

2. CHRISFF
            6 days, 1 hour ago

He will be on pens imo and that is not taken into account looks a good pick

1. Pukki Blinders
              6 days, 1 hour ago

They had 1 pen last season...

1. CHRISFF
                6 days, 1 hour ago

that was last season much better team this season and pens will increase because of it

2. CHRISFF
              6 days, 1 hour ago

The whole team will want him to score asap other than maybe greedy Richarlison. So I see him getting his first goal this weekend with an assist aswell and feel he may even be a good differential captain pick

18. phily4321