Joe is joined by Let’s Talk FPL’s Andy and FPL Family’s Lee to look at the key issues facing Fantasy Premier League managers ahead of Double Gameweek 27.
Last Gameweek was the biggest in FPL history, with 14 teams playing twice. This time around it’s a different matter. Only Manchester City and Southampton enjoy two fixtures, while the regulation single match awaits the other teams.
Joe, Lee and Andy consider the best strategies of approaching this underwhelming Double Gameweek.
There’s a particular focus on Pep Guardiola’s troops, who host big-six low-scoring draw specialists Manchester United on Sunday, ahead of Southampton’s visit.
Are Fantasy Premier League managers’ current trio of City assets among the best armband shouts, or is the relatively low-owned Kevin De Bruyne (£11.8m) worth bringing in?
To acquire the Belgian chance-creator-in-chief, a premium sacrifice needs to be made in midfield. For Andy, the 60%-owned Bruno Fernandes (£11.6m) could very well make way.
Elsewhere, the Liverpool half of FPL Family, Lee, is forced to introduce a section in praise of Tottenham Hotspur and the strong form of Gareth Bale (£9.3m). This will no doubt be eagerly watched by his Spurs-supporting wife, Sam.
Meanwhile, Leicester’s kind run of games continues. But with their main creators injured, who is left to assist Foxes’ marksman Jamie Vardy (£10.2m)?
Our trio look at their Gameweek 26 so far during the show, which took place via our YouTube channel on Tuesday night as City prepared to kick off against Wolverhampton Wanderers. They also reveal their captaincy and transfer plans for the week ahead.
There are fixtures to frisk, a differential to choose and the crew pay tribute to their podcast colleague Luke and his audacious assault on Gameweek 26.
Be sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel get notified of future live episodes.
In addition, the Scoutcast and all our other podcasts are now also available via our Soundcloud channel.
If you’re a traditional type, you can acquire the mp3 audio version via this link or the first player below. Or you can take in the full visual experience via the second player below.
Become a Member and get unrestricted access to our data and articles
Full-year memberships are now available for the price of £19.99. Monthly subscriptions also cost just £2.99. A FREE trial is now available during December.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.