Everton’s defensive potential in 2019/20 could depend on some external factors.
The Toffees have already been targetted by Fantasy Premier League managers a team to invest in for Gameweek 1.
That’s because they top the Season Ticker for the first six matches of the new campaign.
At the time of writing, Lucas Digne (£6.0m) is sat in 28% of teams, signifying the interest in Everton’s defence for the start of the season.
He was a key part of helping his side keep eight clean sheets in the last 11 matches of 2018/19.
But Digne was not the only important member of the back-four that produced such an impressive achievement.
Alongside the Frenchman was Chelsea centre-back Kurt Zouma, who spent the 2018/19 campaign on loan at Goodison Park.
As things stand, the Frenchman is back at his parent club and was involved in Chelsea’s first pre-season friendly.
With Zouma’s future currently up in the air, there may be some who are cooling their interest in Everton defensive assets.
So the aim of this article is to assess his contribution to the Toffees defence last season so we know whether or not a potential absence from the team at the start of 2019/20 would reduce the clean sheet potential of Digne, Jordan Pickford (£5.5m), Seamus Coleman (£5.5m) and the like.
Become a Member and access our data
Memberships for the 2019/20 campaign are now available for the price of £17.50.
Join now to get the following:
- Plot your transfer strategies using the fully interactive Season Ticker.
- Get projections for every Premier League player provided by the Rate My Team statistical model.
- Use Rate My Team throughout the season to guide your selections and transfers.
- Get access to over 150+ exclusive members articles over the season.
- Analyse our OPTA-powered statistic tables specifically tailored for Fantasy Football Managers.
- Use our exclusive tool to build custom stats tables from over 100 OPTA player and team stats.
- Enjoy our brand NEW Flat-Track Bully feature which introduces an opposition filter to your tables.
- View heatmaps and expected goals data for every player.
- Use our powerful comparison tool to analyse players head-to-head.
MORE TEAM-BY-TEAM ANALYSIS CONTENT
Arsenal | Aston Villa (manager) | Aston Villa (defence) | Aston Villa (attack) | Bournemouth | Brighton | Burnley | Chelsea | Crystal Palace | Everton | Leicester | Liverpool | Man City | Man United | Newcastle | Norwich (manager) | Norwich (defence) | Norwich (attack) | Sheffield United (manager) | Sheffield United (defence) | Sheffield United (attack) | Southampton | Spurs | Watford | West Ham | Wolves