1. korbendallas82
    9 days, 1 hour ago

Hello.

I just checked my team, by putting them on bench etc. in correct order for games played.

Then Ronaldo would sit in last place on bench.
    Then i ended on formation 5-3-2.

Now my to starting forwards are Depay and Pukki.

Let us say Depay scores two goals. And Pukki scores 1 goal in MD1 .

To get Ronaldo on the pitch, i must take of one of my 2 forwards?
    Because i can not change formation during the Matchday, to better fit players left to put in?

1. korbendallas82
      9 days, 1 hour ago

Hredacky

Bonucci, Torres, Denayer, Wijndal, Alioski

Carrasco, James, Insigne

Depay, Pukki

Krul Olmo, Ferran Torres, Ronaldo.

2. Eat my goal!
      9 days, 1 hour ago

That’s why it’s best to have 3 premium forwards and leave them on the pitch - rotate on the cheap defenders and mids

1. korbendallas82
        9 days, 1 hour ago

Thank you, EMG!

2. artvandelay316
          9 days, 35 mins ago

The flipside of this is if any of your three premium forwards blank, then you are left with an underpowered midfield and defence to pick up the points. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

3. Milkman Bruno
          9 days, 1 hour ago

Is this correct?? Why can’t you change formation ?

1. korbendallas82
            9 days, 24 mins ago

I was very unusure, that is why i asked.

1. artvandelay316
                9 days, 23 mins ago

I think you're right. Looking at the rules it says you can make as many subs as you like but "without breaking formation rules".

2. Karan14
            9 days, 57 mins ago

This is no rule. You can change formation.

1. korbendallas82
              9 days, 22 mins ago

I am struggling to read a rule on it.

1. artvandelay316
                  9 days, 17 mins ago

"If any of your starting players don't play that matchday, they'll be automatically replaced by your substitutes (as long as formation rules aren’t broken)"
                  -https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/info/EURO.FANTASY.RULES/0

1. korbendallas82
                    9 days, 14 mins ago

Yes, but that is automatic substitution. Manuel the once i make myself. Then i can probably change formation mid MD.

1. artvandelay316
                        9 days, 6 mins ago

Maybe. But if their system cannot cope with changing formation to make subs, it might well be that it is not going to be able to handle manual ones either. I hope I'm wrong, but it will be a gamble assuming this to be the case.

1. korbendallas82
                          8 days, 23 hours ago

I will try and send a mail to someone who might know. Or some Twitter guru See how it goes.

1. artvandelay316
                              8 days, 23 hours ago

Thanks, that would be very helpful to find the answer.

• artvandelay316
                                8 days, 23 hours ago

I just had another look and I think it may be just that they have worded it vaguely, but all subs are possible:

"replace them with any of your substitutes whose teams are yet to play within the matchday"

Because when you actually try to make substitutions on the squad page, you don't need to change formation - if you sub a forward for a mid, it does it for you. So I reckon we're ok to do this.

1. Dr. Rog
                                  8 days, 23 hours ago

I think that by formation rules they mean the minimum requirements - 1 gk, 3 def, 2 mids, 1 fwd.

1. korbendallas82
                                    8 days, 23 hours ago

It must be correct. Thank you.

2. korbendallas82
                                  8 days, 23 hours ago

Yes, thank you. It must be correct. It was just that i had played Bundesliga Fantasy, and there you had to pick a formation before the gw, and you could not change it.

Thank you Artvandelay316.

• smix
                  8 days, 3 hours ago

Is there any non-premium striker worth a punt ?